More information on Connector Locks
Connector locks secure cordsets to IEC 60320 power inlets to prevent accidental power interruption. cordsets can be easily removed without disrupting the connector lock. Each cordset connector lock is designed for the molding of a specific cordset connector style. The connector locks can be used only with the screw-mounted power inlets.
Assembly: Attach cordset connector lock to the inlet with mounting screws (specify a slightly longer mounting screw to accomodate the connector lock), then tighten the connector lock around cordset connector end by turning the captive screw on the connector lock. Connector end can be removed by loosening the screw on the lock without affecting the inlet and connector lock mounting.
For cordsets rated 10/15A
For cordsets rated 16/20A
1. To ensure proper alignment of the clamp with the connector, loosen the two mounting screws on the sides of the power inlet.
2. Slip the connector lock under the mounting screws and leave the mounting screws loose.
3. Insert the cordset through the connector lock into the inlet. Be sure that it is pushed completely into the inlet. This step is very important for your safety—a partially matedconnector could cause a fire. Once the connector has been properly seated, the connector lock will keep it there in the future and assure your safety.
4. Tighten the locking screw on the connector lock so that the clamp firmly grips the connector on the cordset.
5. Tighten the two mounting screws on the sides of the inlet. The connector lock is now secured on the connector, so that cordsets may be easily removed and inserted in the future.
Locking the cordset
Note: After the installation has been done once, it is not necessary to adjust the side mounting screws again.
1. Insert the cordset through the lock into the connector. Be sure that it is pushed completely into the connector.
2. Tighten the locking screw on the cordset connector lock so that the lock firmly grips the cordset.
Removing the cordset
1. Loosen the locking screw on the cordset connector lock.
2. Remove the cordset.